The holidays are over, but that doesn’t mean we don’t want to enjoy seafood anymore! Today we share a delicious appetizer dish with you, created by our own Chef Danielle Leoni.
If you don’t know it (yet), Beurre Blanc is a butter sauce and in this case a butter sauce with garlic. Below we share the ingredients and preparation of this dish with you.
Are you going to buy shrimp for this recipe? Then choose big shrimps, ASC, MSC or organic shrimp. Take a look at the Seafood Guide in advance to make sure you buy sustainable shrimps.
1. Devein Shrimp. Set aside;
2. In saucepan, add on medium heat add all Heavy Cream. Bring to a boil;
3. Reduce heat to low. Do not let simmer;
4. Whisk in Butter a few pieces at a time. Once melted, add more butter until all Butter is incorporated;
5. Voeg zout, citroensap en citroenrasp toe en roer dit door het geheel;
6. Add all deveined Shrimp. Keep heat low so the Shrimp poach, but not simmer and never boil. Cook until Shrimp 3-5 minutes until red. Mix Shrimp intermittently during cooking;
7. While the Shrimp are cooking, make the Garlicky Herb Spread;
8. In a food processor or blender, add all ingredients. Puree until smooth;
9. Add ½ of Garlicky Herb Spread to the cooked Shrimp. Stir to combine;
10. Taste sauce. Add more seasoning if desired;
11. Serve Shrimp hot covered in sauce and optional garnishes if desired.
Enjoy! And don’t forget to tag Good Fish when you’re making this sustainable seafood dish.